LOUYAA is proud to announce the LOUYAA Stars Competitive Rec. Cheer team to our winter sport registration. This Competitive cheer team is open to all 6th, 7th and 8th grade students in the Urbana, Oakdale, Windsor Knolls and Linganore area, including any cheerleaders that are on the rosters for Fall Cheer.
Please direct questions to the Commissioner, Celeste Balsam, at email@example.com
Register to Try Out for Competition Squad
Register Here for Winter 2017»
- The LOUYAA Stars will have try-outs for this program: October 11th , from 6:00-8:00 at New Market Middle School Cafeteria.
- You must be registered in order to try-out.
- Registration will close on October 10th
Practices will be 5:45 to 8:00 on Wednesday evenings at New Market Middle School from December to April. Additional practices will be added to help the team master their routine. The dates will be provided at the parents meeting.
- Total cost for the 6 months is $600.00, which covers all USAFF fees, competition fees, choreographer and music cost. This can be paid in one payment, or monthly installments.
- Additional expenses will be the athletes uniform , cheer shoes, bow (approx. $155-$220) and will be yours to keep.
- We will have one fundraiser that is Mandatory for all families to participate in.
- There will be a parent/athlete meeting for those that made the team on October 18th at 6 pm, at New Market Middle School, immediately followed by the first practice.
At a typical cheerleading competition, teams perform a 2-and-a-half-minute routine with music that includes stunts, jumps, tumbling.
Teams compete based on age and difficulty level. Competing as a cheerleader is really challenging, athletic, and so much fun!
The level of the team will not be known until after try-outs. Placement on the 2017-2018 season will primarily be based upon skill requirements, skill technique, and the overall best interests of the team. The list below is some of the skills for a Level 1 or Level 2 Competition cheer squad.
If you haven’t mastered all skills, do not be discouraged. It does not mean that you cannot make a team.
*Level 1: * Level 2:
FORWARD/BACKWARD ROLL FRONT/ BACK-HAND SPRING
HANDSTAND ROUND OFF BACKHAND SPRING
HANDSTAND FRONT WALKOVER FRONT/ BACK-HAND SPRING
BACKBEND KICKOVER HANDSTAND HOLDS
LEFT/RIGHT CARTWHEEL CONNECTION OF ALL LEVEL 1 & 2 SKILLS
*Flyers will need to demonstrate technique, flexibility and their potential.
You will be trying out in groups of four for the purpose of stunting. You will be required to try out for a certain position (base, back, flyer). Please make sure the coach knows if your cheerleader is trying out for more than one position.
We do not have a specific number of participants that will make the squad. We can have as many or as few as we choose.
Please direct questions to Celeste Balsam at LouyaaStars@gmail.com